All you need is a seed tray, salad seeds, compost and a good spot on your windowsill.
Here is how to "Get Growing"
- Fill a seed tray with compost
- Toss and spread a quarter of a teaspoon of your chosen salad seeds
- Cover with another sprinkling of compost and water carefully.
- Place seed tray on the windowsill and stretch a cover of cling film over the top of the tray. Remove once seedling start to appear.
- Once the plants are 3in tall you can cut them back and start to enjoy.
For more information about the different types of salads you can grow check out British Leafy Salads leaf guide.