We are working with Joe Farrag (SHAP, Granby 4 Streets, etc.) to support CalAid and Liverpool/Wirral Calais Refugee Action Group by acting as a collection point for donated items.
Our centre at 129d Lodge Lane is open Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm for you to drop off your donations.
The first collection will be Friday 18 September.
*** DONATION WISH LIST INFORMATION ***
In order to get things easily to where it needs to be and to not waste time please note the following:
Please group your donations separately - i.e tshirts size L mens in one bag, tshirts size M in another, shoes size 10 in one box, size 9 in another.
Please label them clearly so when we come together we easily join items together.
Toiletries - again separate bags.
- Shoes/Trainers (size 7-11) (no city shoes or high heels)
- Jackets (no wool)
- Tracksuit trousers and Jeans (32-36)
- Wooly hats
- Waterproof clothing
- Tents, Shelters, Tarpaulin, Canvas sheets
- Wooden Pallets (used for elevating off wet floors and as fuel)
- Travel bags- Candles / Torches / Lanterns
- Sleeping Bags / Blankets
- Bowls / Plates
- Sports stuff - footballs /cricket /volleyballs etc- Puncture repair kits / Inner tubes etc- Spades- Buckets
- Camp Cookers
- Pots and Pans
- Toiletry bags
- Body lotion
- Shower gel
- Bin Bags
- Cleaning products
- Washing up liquid
- Washing powder
- Anti bacterial sprays
- Games - backgammon/chess etc
- Water carriers
- Medicines - paracetamol /aspirin etc (other medicines have to be given to doctors in Calais as need prescribing)
Garlic- Ginger- Sugar- Salt- All non-perishable food – TINNED kidney beans, white beans, chick-peas, green beans (no tinned pasta)- Rice, flour, (little or no pasta, NO couscous, NO bulgur, NO oatmeal)- Oil, LOTS of oil- Tomatoes in all forms (sauce, paste), - Spices- Long Life milk- Tea/coffee. No fresh fruit and veg!
What is currently NOT needed:
- Kids and Ladies Clothing- Sheets / Pillows- Suits- Town shoes - High Heels
There is also a Go Fund Me account to help pay for fuel and fund the trips, if you would prefer to donate in this way - gofundme.com/zd3agk4w