Top Tips To Stay Safe
Six simple steps to help keep you safe and warm in your home .
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit,fix and service your appliances.You can find and check an engineer at GasSafe Register.co.uk or call 08004085500
- Check both sides of your engineers Gas Safe Register ID card . Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this informationon the back of the card.
- Have all your gas appliciances regularly serviced and safety checked every year . If you rent your home ask for a copy of your landlords current Gas Safety Record.
- Know the six signs of carbon monoxide (CO ) poisoning- headaches, dizziness,breathlessness,nausea,collaspe and loss of consciousness. Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk of CO poisioning ,gas leaks, fires and explosions.
- Check gas appliciancesfor warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, blackmarks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Fit an audible carbonmonoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home .
Source British Gas Sept 2016