Simple changes could make a big difference in helping you save energy and your home feel warmer.
- Close your curtains at dusk to stop heat escaping through the windows and check for draughts around windows and doors.
- Always turn off the light when you leave a room. It will save you energy.
- Turn it down! Many houses will have their central heating on higher than they need it, even without realising it. Try turning down your thermostat by one degree. Every degree you turn it down by could save you up to £90.00 a year.
- Only boil the amount of water you need.
- When you are doing the washing try to fill up the machine. One full load uses less energy than two half loads. Set your washing machine at 30c, most washing powders are designed to handle wash loads at this temperature.
- A dripping hot water tap can waste enough energy in a single week to fill half a bath. If you are on a water meter this can have serious effects on your water bill