The Quality Policy of Granby Toxteth Development Trust is based on the commitment by the board of directors and members of staff to strive continually for excellence by fully meeting the expectations of our customers and stakeholders in everything we do.
This System is supported by an integrated management system which is documented on the company’s intranet and implemented to achieve the policy objectives. All directors, employees and associates are required to work in accordance with the management system.
Fundamental to this policy is the commitment by all those concerned continually to seek ways of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the company. Every employee, volunteer and director is actively encouraged to make suggestions for improvement to the documented management system.
Dr Mike Kennedy
12 June 2004, revised 14 May 2008
The company’s progress to date includes:
- GTDT’s financial records are subject to annual external audit by an independent auditor in accordance with the Companies Act 1985.
- GTDT’s financial and project management systems meet or exceed the requirements of the European Social Fund (ESF) regulations and have been recently subject to successful Article 4 and Article 10 monitoring visits.
- GTDT’s business advice activities are recognised by Business Link and are delivered by advisors who are accredited under the Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative (SFEDI).
- GTDT has experience of the OFSTED inspection process through its LSIS funded project delivered through the Liverpool Adult Learning Service (Neighbourhood Learning in Deprived Areas - NLDC). The 2008 inspection score was 2 and GTDT contributed to the overall inspection report.
- GTDT regularly undertakes Self Assessment of its learning programmes and courses using the Liverpool Adult Learning Service’s Self Assessment Report and have integrated this standard into GTDT’s own learning quality standards. GTDT develops an annual development plan which we review and update quarterly.
- GTDT has achieved the MATRIX standard for the delivery of Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) work.
We carefully monitor all of our activities to ensure that we are meeting our quality standards and that we are reaching all parts of the community. For the latest on this click here.